Saturday, December 1, 2012

In love.


I am now in love with "Tot School", or maybe I am in love with the look on my Chlo bears face when she is trying to figure something out...or just in love with Chlo bear period. Either way, with only 2 days of Tot school I have already had great fun and so has Chloe.

On Friday we headed to Michaels and stocked up on supplies. I must apologize to anyone that had to witness me acting like a 5 year old at Disneyland when I found plastic trays. I have seen the trays pop up on all the websites I have been visiting for inspiration so I figured they are a very important part to the process and thought I was going to have to order online and...wait....for shipping. One thing I think you will quickly learn about me is how impatient I can really be. It's awful. Ask my husband. So finding the trays without having to wait made my day! I told my husband I was going for a few starters and ended up with a cart full! Still I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the $$ I spent as I expected a far worse fate.


But I know everyone wants to see pictures so ...here we go!


We got a really fun Melissa and Doug puzzle set, She has to find the shapes that will finish the image...I t comes with a bunch of shapes and colours but for the sake of keeping her attention I gave her only the pieces she needed to complete the puzzle I had chosen for her.


She was having fun trying to fit them, and then all of a sudden she started playing with the ones she still had to sort and I had no idea what she was doing but I let her without giving her any instructions...


I kid you not, this is what she did. SHE SORTED THEM BY COLOUR! Without me asking her to do so! Mega proud mama moment. 


I got a plastic star shaped container and gave her some Foam stars from Michaels and she was trying to make them fit...it was great. Kept her entertained but it got easy very quick and she started just throwing them all in there at the same time. 



I added a heart shape to make it a little more challenging...but as you can see, she did that about two times and then decided TV was fun...note to self...turn off the TV!


We then moved on to transferring pom poms from one cup to the next using a scoop..this was the hardest one for her, but oddly the one she enjoyed the most!


                                            She tried...and tried and tried some more.




Then she pretended to cook the pom poms and then eat them, she actually did this for awhile.




And we ended the night with a Mommy and Chloe Tea party...it was a great way to pretend. She pretended to drink the tea and eat the little cakes that come with it!


It was a great night with our activities, she enjoyed them and We will certainly be doing some of those same activities again. 

I will post later about our arts & crafts adventure..warning..Chloe hates finger paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment