Thursday, December 13, 2012

Working Mom problems

I am a working mom, I don't have the privilege to spend my day with my baby girl and for the most part I have gotten pretty used to it...but not DR. APPOINTMENTS.  I have been lucky to so far not miss one appointment and I try really hard to schedule them at times I know I will be able to make.

Chloe turned 15 months recently and with that comes an check up and shots. She is on a delayed vaccine schedule so we haven't had shots since she was 10 months, however for 15 months she is scheduled to get 3. There was a bit of a schedule conflict at work and I thought I was going to have to ask my mom to take her for me. I wanted to cry at the thought. Yes, my mom is wonderful with her...but ...she's not me.....I already miss most her day, most her special moments and I want to be there to be the one to give her comfort after the mean Dr. makes her cry. I want to be there to hear everything the DR. has to say and ask all the right questions. I want to be there to make sure that only the shots I want are given (this is the hardest one.) I couldn't find peace in the decision of having someone else take my baby to the DR.  well...Luckily I will be able to taker her after all but to be honest I was taken by surprise by just how much the thought of not being there for her bothered me.


No comments:

Post a Comment