Sunday, August 2, 2015

'Twas the night before a new theme



We are ready to start the August theme for Mother Goose Time; Fables and Folktales and I am super excited. From the moment I opened the box almost 3 weeks ago, I have been looking forward to this theme. As the name suggests this month we will be looking at Folktales that we all grew up with and from the looks of it, the most used tool this month will be IMAGINATION! Really looking forward to it - without even starting - I have a feeling this one might become my favorite theme to date.



Ok, so as you have all read at some point or another, I am a working mom. I am always looking for ways to manage the limited homeschooling time that we have so that we are able to be as productive as possible without rushing. I want this to be fun for Chloe so I don't want it to be rushed or seem like a burden or something to check off our list. I use this time as valuable Mommy and Chloe time and the biggest rewards are her smiles.

Anyway - back to what I was saying - I need a grab and go type thing so I have tried many ways of planning for the next days activities and I was putting everything together for tomorrow and I remembered - our tot school trays!



These trays were wonderful tools during Chloe's extremely early education - they kept her focused and also provided an easy way for me to manage the activities she was working on. I dusted these puppies up and set it out with an activity each. Not only will they be super helpful for Chloe but they already helped me with the planning. As I was planning out our "schedule" seeing the different activities on the trays helped me have an easy visual of everything we needed to work on!



I will update on how these worked out but I don't see how they can't be a huge success. I don't know why I haven't used them before - I have even noticed that some of my fellow MGT bloggers use them! Oh well, no point in beating myself up over it now.

Anyway - every day after Chloe has gone to bed and my husband and I are just enjoying some quiet time I like to look over my teacher guide and review the next days activities. I make notes of anything that I want to remember the next day, any ideas, any concerns. It also makes it so that I am prepared and usually have all the supplies I need or I  am aware of any last minute supplies that I need to grab!


This is our dining room table (or homeschool desk...what's the difference?)


Please feel free to let me know if any time saving ideas that you may have! 


Find our more about Mother Goose Time - HERE
Find our more about this Months Theme - HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment