Monday, August 3, 2015

Tray Success!




Day 1 of "Fables and Folktales" is now behind us..and I know you are dying to find out how the trays worked out for me. The trays worked so wonderfully that I am prepared to call it a success after just one try. They made transitions between activities quick and extremely easy. As I suspected, they helped Chloe stay focused on the activity ahead since I didn't have a ton of other papers in front of her. I HIGHLY recommend these trays.

Anyway, let me tell you a little about our day. The theme started out with the "Lion and the Mouse" story - we were already familiar with this story so it was actually fun for us to go back and talk about it again. When I read the story overtime I said the word "LION" Chloe let out a big ROAR (see picture above) that made the story extra fun and she was listening to every word making sure she didn't miss an opportunity to be extra loud.


Once again, we spent a nice chunk of time looking through the theme poster and finding little details. This is Chloe's favorite part about starting a new theme.



We made story puppets for today's crafts and they got PLENTY of use. I re-read the story and had Chloe act out the story with her puppets...and then later on she did it all on her own.

This was such a hit that over an hour later I caught Chloe and Daddy re-enacting the story again!


Please check out MOTHER GOOSE TIME : HERE

You can also find similar trays to the ones I used by clicking: HERE








1 comment:

  1. I love our trays. I bought one set when they were on sale and quickly realized I made a big mistake, so I ordered 2 more sets! I use them for everything. I even store some toys under the couch on the trays. I have been a lot more willing to let them paint because it is all contained. This is a big positive. Like you, I also found that having things set up in advance and on the trays allowed for quick transition. It saves space on the homeschool desk (dining room table) too when you stack them all up.

    ReplyDelete