Friday, May 29, 2015

A new chef in the kitchen


I love cooking and baking and ever since Chloe was born I could not wait to have her help me in the kitchen.

I know that growing up to help in the kitchen all that was needed was a dining room chair, but I have very nice hard to clean dining room chairs and they are also not the best to stand on..anyway...this is where the Guidecraft Step-up Kitchen helper comes in with all it's glory.



Seriously, the best money I have spent in a long time. Trust me, I have a problem with spending so this is a big bold statement and I stand by it. In the picture Above you can see Chloe (3 years old) This picture is fantastic to give you an idea of the size and how much room there is on the platform. I have no fears of her accidentally stepping off the side!

Since we got the kitchen helper, Chloe is obsessed with helping in the kitchen (can be a bad thing, especially when I just want to whip up a quick meal but I've had worse problems in my life.)

We will share on of Chloe's favorite recipes and it's so easy that she can pretty much do it herself! 


Ingredients/Supplies:
  • 1 Pack of Frozen Puff Pastry - Can be found in the frozen section of your supermarket
  • 1 Pack of Shredded Cheddar cheese - I buy the pre shredded stuff but that can be an extra step
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • Cookie cutters of your choice




  • After letting the Puff Pastry throw at room temperature for around 40 minutes (or until it easily unfolds without breaking) lay it on a lightly floured work surface and cut into whatever shape you choose using the cookie cutters.



  • Carefully transfer the shapes over to a non stick cookie sheet. Mix the 1 egg with the tablespoon of water, whisking until watery consistency is reached. Using a pastry brush lightly brush the puff pastry shapes with the Egg wash.



  • Top with cheese of your choice (Cheddar was our choice)


  • Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until cheese is nice and toasty on the top. 



and enjoy.

Another thing you can do is fill the puff pastry with Nutella. Put a dallop of Nutella and fold over it with the Puff pastry, same baking instructions. We did it with the left over puff pastry and it was AMAZING. We forgot to take pictures though, SORRY!


I did get a picture of Chloe enjoying the Nutella spoon. 


And helping me clean the mess with a nice trail of Nutella running from her mouth. 


Well worth it. Hope you try this recipe with your little one! It is fun and mighty delicious.    









1 comment:

  1. I agree. This will be the best purchase you ever make. We got ours used, so even more so. I used the tower at the kitchen counter for preschool. It allowed my little guys to wiggle while working. http://dandelioninherhair.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-learning-tower.html

    ReplyDelete