Monday, July 27, 2015

Training a Child's heart



In our home, education has always been a big thing when it comes to Chloe. Since before she was 1 year old, I made sure to research and find activities that would be beneficial to her development and to this day that hasn't stopped. We are always looking for ways to make learning fun and something that she loves. I think a lot of families are the same, we want to do as much as we can to help our children be successful in the world.

I soon realized that I should be putting as much focus on God. I want Chloe to know that the most important thing, above education, is her relationship with God. I also want to bring her up making time for God everyday, not just Sunday.

 


The Experience God add-on from Mother Goose Time has been a serious blessing. We are able to incorporate it in our Homeschool time. We usually do this at the very end of our day, when it's closer to bed time (I work - so we homeschool afternoons to evening).

Most importantly- it keeps it fun for Chloe. The bright colors of the story cards, the awesome activities and of course the crafts makes it so that it is something that Chloe looks forward to and not something that I am forcing her to do.

I remember when I was young and my mom would sit us around and read out of the bible, although she was obviously doing the right thing, half the time I was bored out of my mind! Even with a children's bible, I have always felt that you get more out of a story not just by listening to it but finding some sort of activity that ties to it, and Mother goose time has everything I need at my fingertips!

 
I cannot say enough about what a blessing this has been in Chloe's spiritual education and there is no greater feeling than seeing you child excited to learn about God!


www.mothergoosetime.com

No comments:

Post a Comment