Thursday, April 4, 2013

Inexperienced traveler...plus a Toddler


So next weekend we are going our on very needed vacation to Hawaii! I must admit...I am extremely terrified of flying with a Toddler. I have had my share of travel but it has usually been weekend trips to England for soccer games (don't ask..you won't understand and you'll just think I'm weird) which required no preparation.

So I thought I'd entertain you pros with my ROOKIE LIST.  This is a list of the things I have so far purchased for my trip...feel free to point and laugh. The point is that after the trip I will let you guys know what really is needed and what I should of saved my money on!


 Here is what I have rounded up so far for our first vacation. Disclaimer: I tend to over prepare.


1.  Kidz Gear Headphones - I got pretty purple ones. This should be a life saver as I plan on using the Ipad to keep her occupied for as long as possible. I know the only way the Ipad will keep her attention is with sound. How fun is talking Tom if you can't hear him talk back to you?


2. Sand Off! Pink Powder Infused Mitt beach towel - I am fully aware that a powder infused mitt is not NECESSARY for the beach but whatever helps me take the sand off my kid without having to shove her into those beach showers is a friend of mine!

3. Mesh Beach Bag - I can carry all we need without carrying sand back with me. 

4. Swim Shoes  - Self explanatory really. Right? 

5. Disposable swim diapers - Don't look at me like that. I know that "reusable" is much safer and better for the environment but, I am on vacation! I don't want to be wiping poop off a diaper so I can reuse it. Disposable it is.

6. CARES Harness system - Chloebear has her own seat on the plane and instead of buying a $100+ harness, I rented one off ebay..yes RENTED and it was only $15! I know she won't sit for the entire time but at least it's nice to have the option.

7. Chicco Echo stroller- LOVEEEEEEE this stroller! $99 exclusively at target, 4 position recline, perfect height, nice storage basket, beautiful colors...I have one of those expensive strollers and I love this $99 dollar one just as much. Check out!

Those are the main things....let me know if i'm forgetting something!! I know about sunscreen I just didn't list it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment