Friday, March 6, 2015

Blast off!



WE'RE OFF TO SPACE! 

It is Thursday night now and we have just finished our 4th day of Mother Goose Time. So far we have nothing but great things to say!

The first success is the fact that we have gone 4 days straight without missing a day - very rare around here. Even when one night I had to stay at work later than normal, I was able to come home and still complete the lesson since like I mentioned in my MGT post - this is extremely easy to use.

I have also been extremely surprised at some of the answers Chloe gives me to the questions - kids know so much more than we give them credit for.



The first day we learned about Stars and the day ended with a dance party in the living using the Star wands she made. Onto of doing the activities suggested in the book, I created a scavenger hunt. Chloe loved going around the house trying to find items smaller or bigger than the item she had previously found based on the card she pulled. She was rather good at it.





By the 3rd day - we learned about the moon. We played with this amazing balancing game that was included in our March box. In fact- she's still playing with it as I type this. 



Like a typical 3 and a half year old who wants to do everything by herself, Chloe's favorite activity was by far making your own Moon snack.


She had a blast being in control and it is something that I will for sure incorporate more into our everyday lives. Seeing her be so proud of her snack at the end was extremely rewarding. We did replace the cream cheese the recipe asked for with Nutella...because it's Nutella.



Overall this has been a successful start to Mother Goose Time and I am extremely excited to share our journey with you as we go along.



If you would like to order the Mother Goose Time curriculum please head to www.Mothergoosetime.com




Disclaimer: Mother Goose Time provides their curriculum to me for Free in exchange for blog posts. All opinions expressed in the posts are mine and are real. I would never endorse something that I or my child didn't truly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment